Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ online system allows you to renew one or more vehicles; select and purchase specialty plates within a few minutes. If you have no time to deal with these problems offline, then you are welcomed to visit the online system to solve your problems.
How to Renew Plates at Ohio BMV Online System
The Ohio BMV online system provides users with many service portals at the homepage which allow you to request and access easily online. For example, you can request these services below by simply clicking on the corresponding icons on the online system.
- Driver abstracts order online
- Renew your vehicle registration
- Pay reinstatement fee online
- Address change for your vehicle registration
- Exchange your plates online
- Special plates availability checking
- Check your registration status
Please view more detailed services by visiting www.oplates.com. The following steps will help you better manage your plate. Take renewing vehicle registration as an example.
- Visit www.oplates.com.
- Find the “Renew your vehicle registration” button at the homepage and then hit it to continue.
- View the instructions online and check “I Accept” box. You need to make sure your vehicle is registered in Ohio and your plate is within 90 days of the expiration date or has not been expired for more than six months. Click on “Continue”.
- Input your plate number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the respective fields.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to finish the renew vehicle registration process.
If you have some questions concerning your plate, please hit FAQs link at the very top of the homepage for help. Then to locate the answer to your questions, please enter a keyword in the search box.
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Online System FAQs – www.oplates.com/Faq/FeedSearch.aspx
- Vehicle Registration Fee Chart – bmv.ohio.gov/fees_for_services.stm
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Official Site – bmv.ohio.gov/index.stm