Car sharing is a new model of car rental. It attracts to customers who make only occasional use of a vehicle, and others who would like occasional access to a vehicle of a different type than they use day- to-day. As a leader in this industry, Zipcar is committed to satisfying the need of customers.
Zipcar Car Sharing Service Instructions
Zipcar provides customers with the car sharing service. Only within a few minutes, can you book a Zipcar. To be eligible, you must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license for at least one year.
- Visit www.zipcar.com.
- Apply online. Once approved, you will get your Zipcard. Click on “Sign in” button on the top right. You can choose to join as an individual, with an organization or with a university.
- You are required to provide your personal information including your driving plan, background, payment information.
- By creating your account, you can get a Zipcard which allows you to start planning road trips. Before using the card, activate it online.
- Reserve a Zipcar online or on your phone. Refer to the Reference Links 3 to get mobile app. Reservations include up to 180 free miles per day. For reservation that exceed 24 hour, you get 20 miles for each additional hour up to a maximum of 180 miles per day.
- Cars are located all over your city in reserved and off-street parking spaces. When you reserve a car, that car is expecting you and only you at the time of reservation. When you get to the car, just hold your Zipcard above the card reader. The locks open and you are in. The key can be found in the car.
- You can take the Zipcar to anywhere you like. When the time is almost up, please return to the same reserved parking spot at the end of your reservations. Please do not return it late because it’s likely that someone will be waiting to pick up the car at the end of your reservation. Zipcar has late fees: $50 per hour with a minimum charge of $50 plus regular hourly charges.
The driving rates various based on where you drive and the type of car you are driving. Gas and insurance are included. The car does not come with baby seats, so you need to prepare in advance if you need. While all Zipcars are professionally cleaned on a regular basis, each member is responsible for leaving the car in good condition for the next member.
Start enjoying car sharing service at www.zipcar.com, and if you have any questions, please visit FAQs in Referenec Links 1 for help.
Zipcar is a car sharing company providing automobile reservations to its members by hour or by day. Members can reserve Zipcars online or by phone at anytime immediately or up to a year in advance. Founded in 2000, the founder bring the European car-sharing idea to North America. Till now, the company has more than 810,000 members and offers nearly 10,000 vehicles throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain and Austria, making it becomes the word’s leading car sharing network.