The Child care training services program office, based on the Florida Department of Children and Families, is responsible for Florida child care licensing and training. The goal of Child Care Services Program is to make sure children are living in a safe and healthy environment. You can find child care training related links and materials at this site, such as child care introduction, how to open a child care facility, licensing information, provider information, registration information, child care training information and much more.
MyFlorida Child Care Training Instructions
Child care training is an essential component of child care licensing. The goal of Florida child care training program is to provide child care personnel with the tools necessary to ensure quality care in the child care programs. To accomplish this task, the Department mandates minimum introductory training requirements along with annual continuing education for professional development.
A child personnel should go through a systematic and comprehensive training procedure before they became qualified for the child care licensing. Three kinds of training at different stages are provided to help you master the skills and ability in child care step by step:
- Literacy Requirement(5 Hours). Completing 0.5 continuing education unit of approved training or 5 clock hours of equivalent training is required.
- Introductory Child Care Training (40 Hours). The training process is divided into two phases. part 1(30 hours) for: Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations; Health, Safety, and Nutrition; Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect; Child Growth & Development and more. Part 2(10 hours) for: Infant and Toddler Appropriate Practices; Preschool/School-Age/Special Needs Appropriate Practices; Basic Guidance and Discipline and more.
- In-Service Training(10 hours). The content includes Health and Safety, CPR, First Aid and more.
One thing you need pay attention to is that you must pass a competency-based exam to complete the introductory child care training. There are two ways to schedule an exam: one is to register online, the other is to call the Child Care Training Information Center at 1-888-FLCCTIC.
It also provides Florida child care provider information as well as the child care licensing/training overview. You can also apply for food stamps and cash assistance at www.myflorida.com/accessflorida. At the page of Provider Information, you can find information that pertains to Child Care Providers around the state. Select this link to view and make a content selection from the Child Care Provider Guide . You can download certain types of information pertaining to all providers at Download Provider Information. This information changes throughout the day.
About Child Care
The Department of Children and Families, Child Care Services Program Office, is statutorily responsible for the administration of child care licensing and training throughout Florida. This program is designed to ensure that children are all taken good care of. With trained, qualified child care staff, it enables children stay in a safe, healthy, positive and educational environment. This program currently regulates licensed child care facilities, licensed family day care homes, licensed large family child care homes, and licensed mildly ill facilities in 62 of the 67 counties in Florida. In addition, the child care services program office administers the registration of family day care homes not required to be licensed.
- Florida Child Care Provider Search – dcfsanswrite.state.fl.us/Childcare/provider/
- Florida Child Care Licensing Overview - ccrain.fl-dcf.org/documents/7/36.pdf#page=1
- Florida Child Care Licensing Information – www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/licensing-information
- Florida Child Care Training Information - www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/training
- MyFlorida Access Benefits – www.howpen.com/wwwmyfloridacomaccessflorida-myflorida
- Florida Department of Children and Families on Facebook – www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-Department-of-Children-Families-Child-Care-Licensing/104032863004641