How much do you spend on your phone every month? Where do you always get upgrade packages for your mobile phone? Come to Verizon Wireless Account Analysis, read your Verizon account analysis and get the possible upgrade packages in a fast and easy way. Normally Verizon Wireless will recommend you the latest Android powered smartphone like Droid Incredible, Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Thunderbolt. Verizon iPhone 4 is also available. Most of those powerful smartphones have a 2 years contract with Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless Account Analysis Instructions
Account Analysis allows you to view your personalized plan and device recommendations today. To check out your account information, you will need to register a Verizon Wireless MyVerizon account with your activated cell phone and your billing system password if you have one. With My Verizon, you get the convenience of managing your account online including these great benefits:
- Check your minutes and messages
- Change or reset your Voice Mail password
- Purchase ringtones and manage Ringback Tones
- Access My Verizon on your mobile phone
- Change your plan online
- Pay your bill online by logging in My Verizon and dealing at the Payment page
Verizon Wireless Account Analysis Benefits
- Verizon Wireless Account Analysis makes it easy to see how much you’re talking, texting and downloading, so you’ll easily know whether the plan is suitable for you.
- The usage overview page shows you a six-month billing history in an easy-to-read graph that indicates where you may have has any overage charges.
- You can view your voice, messaging and data usage individually to further explore how much your’re actually spending.
- Various levels of plan details clearly indicate how many minutes you’ve used, and text messages you’ve sent and received, as well as how much data you’ve used, all in a way that identifies whether any overage charges were applied, or when you came close to your limit.
How to reduce Verizon Wireless bills via account analysis?
If you’re experiencing overages, the analysis will give you personalized recommendations on how to change your current plan to meet your needs. And if, for example, you discover a rogue family member is eating up all of your plan’s data one month, you can set up alerts that will notify everyone on your plan when overages are approaching.
Verizon Wireless Customer Support Channels
If you have any other questions or come across any possible problems in your consumption experience, you have the following methods to get help:
- Look up more information on the website of Verizon Wireless. There are elaborate product and service information provided both for residential or business customer on the site.
- Go to Verizon Wireless Support. You can get help with your device,bill, plan, account, apps, software, media and global services.
- Take account support for an example. On the page, you get to know the basic understandings, how to manege your account, how you edit your personal information, the billing information, the alert and references. If you didn’t get what you want, go to the contact us page. There are top account actions, top account questions, related forum posts for your reference. Still have questions? Contact them by mail, or get in touch online.
- Support Community Forums. There are activities, community spaces, discussions for different devices. You can search for discussion of your kind, or ask questions online.
- Common Support Topics. You can view the common asked questions to see if they are helpful to you.
- Go to Verizon Wireless community to submit your question there.
- Talk to a Verizon Wireless customer representative directly.
- Call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.
You don’t need to concern with the safety of Voice Mail. The privacy of customer information is important to Verizon, including in the Voice Mail services we offer. That’s one of the reasons you’ll always need a password to access a Verizon Wireless Voice Mail account. You need it from the first time the account is activated, and then every time, and from any phone, including your own mobile phone. There’s no default PIN, and hackers would have to guess or steal the password to access the account.
Learn more about your Verizon Wireless account analysis at vzw.com/accountanalysis.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless was the first national wireless provider in the United States to build and operate a large-scale 4G LTE network—the most advanced wireless network technology available, with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. It launched the nation’s first large-area 4G LTE network in the United States in December 2010, giving customers mobile access to the Internet at speeds up to 10 times faster than before.